Global market sentiment has declined ahead of the latest US jobless claims data that is expected to show a massive spike in unemployment claims after businesses stateside shut down in an attempt to slow the spread of coronavirus.
Some experts suggest record unemployment numbers in the US, with Citi as the most bearish, projecting roughly four million claims.
The pan-European Stoxx 600 dropped 1.5 percent in early trade on Thursday, with basic resources tumbling 2.7 percent to lead losses as all sectors and major bourses plunged into negative territory.
Britain’s FTSE 100 index shed almost three percent at the opening bell in London. France’s CAC 40 is down by 2.4 percent, while Germany’s DAX slid 219 points or 2.3 percent.
Asia Pacific markets also stumbled earlier in the day, with Japan’s Nikkei closing down by almost five percent.
Subscribe to RT! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpwvZwUam-URkxB7g4USKpg?sub_confirmation=1
RT LIVE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFAcqaNzNSc
Check out http://rt.com
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/RTnews
Follow us on VK https://vk.com/rt_international
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/RT_com
Follow us on Instagram http://instagram.com/rt
Follow us on Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/rttv
#RT (Russia Today) is a global #news network broadcasting from Moscow, London, Paris and Washington studios to over 100 countries. RT is the first news channel to break the 1 billion YouTube views benchmark.
Welcome to the inaugural IGNITION: Transforming Finance event, featuring the Wall Street innovators who are disrupting from within. These industry leaders will break down the hype around AI, big data, blockchain, and crypto, and share how they’re mining value from these and other fintech opportunities.
– Megan Brewer, executive director and head of the technology innovation office at Morgan Stanley
– Dakin Campbell, senior finance correspondent at Business Insider
– Mariquit Corcoran, managing director and head of partnerships and programmes for Group Innovation at Barclays
– Lucien Foster, global head of digital partnerships at BNY Mellon
– Omer Ismail, head of consumer digital finance in the Americas at Marcus by Goldman Sachs
– Gavin Michael, head of technology, Global Consumer Bank at Citi
– Meghan Morris, senior financial reporter at Business Insider
– Huw L. Richards, global head of digital investment banking at J.P. Morgan
– Alyson Shontell, US Editor-in-Chief of Business Insider
Business Insider tells you all you need to know about business, finance, tech, retail, and more.
Visit us at: https://www.businessinsider.com
BI on Facebook: https://read.bi/2xOcEcj
BI on Instagram: https://read.bi/2Q2D29T
BI on Twitter: https://read.bi/2xCnzGF
BI on Amazon Prime: http://read.bi/PrimeVideo
Disrupting Wall Street From Within | IGNITION: Transforming Finance