Today is the day “Hold Your Colour” by Pendulum was released ten years ago on Breakbeat Kaos. This was their debut album, and has been easily the most prolific and influential album that has ever graced Drum & Bass music. While definitely not everyone agrees on the pop-ier sounds of the tracks, the album was a gateway for myself and lots others into the DnB scene and the production quality and melodic genius of 2005 Pendulum is definitely worth acknowledging and appreciating, even if it doesn’t hit that underground sweet spot.
That being said, it might not come as that much of a surprise, a disappointment, or both that I am uploading a Pendulum track today. While they are the name that everyone in the scene thinks about when you hear about Pop-DnB or “mainstream” DnB, these guys used to crush out ridiculously high quality Neurofunk. Before “Hold Your Colour”, Pendulum’s single vinyl releases were mostly completely dark and tech influenced. Look at classics like “Ulterior Motive” and “Vault”. “No One Knows” is the pinnacle (in my opinion) of those Pendulum tracks. This one is just far too groovy and technically impressive to not be uploaded on this special day, and it is even better that “No One Knows” is actually EXTREMELY hard to get a hold of today in 320kbps .mp3 quality. It was released for free on the official Pendulum website for a very limited amount of time as a way of saying thanks to fans for getting “Slam” to the UK Top 40 charts. Rob Swire (Pendulum’s front man) says that he hates this track more than any other Pendulum track, but I simply cannot see how he thinks that, but now you should listen and form your own opinion regarding that statement. You should be able to see how easy it is to disagree.
Weapons Grade is a channel for uploading only the most forward thinking and stomping underground Neurofunk. I will try my best to promote only the truly under-appreciated tunes that go lesser heard. Uploads will probably be daily, or possibly even more frequently. Every track featured here has been purchased from the respective label, and is in 320 kbps (MP3) quality before upload. All artwork in every video is from http://www.wallhaven.cc/ unless otherwise stated! I won’t feature any track on this channel that isn’t advanced Neurofunk and I will never monetize a video. This channel is purely for your entertainment and discovery, and for my hobby. I hope you guys enjoy thoroughly!
If there is a problem with any of the tracks uploaded, please consult at me at my email (found on my channel under “For business enquiries”). I will take necessary measures to make content owners satisfied with the state of their track, whether it be on the channel or not. If you wish to submit a track for possible upload, please send it to me via the same email.
Available to pre-order now: http://ukf.me/X0pGLp
Become a fan of Brookes Brothers: http://www.facebook.com/brookesbrothers
Follow Brookes Brothers on Twitter: https://twitter.com/brookesbrothers
Brookes Brothers – Loveline (Ft. Haz-Mat) is released 12th November on Breakbeat Kaos with ‘The Blues’ on the flip.
Available to buy from the 14th March. Forthcoming on Breakbeat Kaos with their self titled album dropping a little later!
Become a fan of Brookes Brothers: http://www.facebook.com/brookesbrothers
Follow them on Twitter: http://twitter.com/brookesbrothers
Available to buy now: http://ukf.me/CKCantGetEnoughDNBA
Camo & Krooked can do no wrong right now, having had releases on the likes of Hospital, Mainframe, Viper, Beta, Nasca and Renegade Hardware this Austrian partnership’s catalogue is already impressive but now with their debut single on Breakbeat Kaos they manage to smash it yet again!
Become a fan of Camo & Krooked: http://www.facebook.com/camokrooked
Follow them on Twitter: http://twitter.com/camokrooked
Follow Hospital Records on Spotify: https://HospitalRecords.lnk.to/Spotifyyc
Danny Byrd – We Can Have it All – Stream here on Spotify: http://hospi.tl/dannybyrdwchia
Hospital Shop – http://hospi.tl/wecanhaveitall
Itunes – http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/we-can-have-it-all-ep/id393336896?app=itunes
Koan Sound Remix – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGFtshvgtMw
Original – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGFtshvgtMw
The follow up to the humungous “Ill Behaviour” single, “We Can Have It All” eases the tempo down to 140bpm for some blissed out, euphoric rave music – 2010 style. Written on a plane as Danny travelled to a weekend gigging in Europe, the tune could have been called “Mile High Club”, but after the incredible vocal from Tori Beaumont was added, “We Can Have It All” became self fulfilling prophecy.
Breakbeat Kaos’ hottest property Sigma have been drafted in on remix duty. Cam and Joe have delivered a storming re-rub cranking the 140bpm original up to current D+B tempo with aplomb. This remix was debuted in Danny Byrd’s Radio One essential mix, and has quickly found favour with Fabio, DJ Friction and other big dogs in the D+B scene.
18 year old prodigies Koan Sound deliver their bristolian dubstep remix, adding 2010 grit to the 90s sound but keeping the tempo locked at 140bpm. Koan Sound are ones to watch — with tunes appearing in Pendulum’s Radio one Essential Mix, and a host of hot dubstep imprints clamouring to release their music.
Also in the package Brummy breakbeat badboy Barbarix’s remix of “Ill Behaviour” which winds down the tempo of the original and twists up the West Country bassline with an articulate low end wobble. The instrumental of “We Can Have It All” is included and will no doubt be popular with DJs and mash-up freaks.
Follow Hospital Records:
DOWNLOAD NOW AND SUBSCRIBE FREE (iTunes): http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/ukf-music-podcast/id371887161
Tommy Dub from Cue Recordings brings this massive two hour mix all the way from Australia, with forthcoming tracks from Cue Recordings as well as classic Drum & Bass tracks, this mix has it all! Full details at http://www.ukfmusic.com/podcast
1. Trei – Still Remains (Samurai Music)
2. Camo & Krooked – Nano (Sudden Def Recordings)
3. Chase & Status – In Love (Ram Records)
4. Smooth – 7th Sense (Viper VIP Recordings)
5. Incontext – Just Believe (Velcro City Records)
6. Camo & Krooked – Terra (Mainframe Recordings)
7. Camo & Krooked – Tonight (Mainframe Recordings)
8. Chase & Status – Take Me Away (Ram Records)
9. Sigma – Nexus (Life Recordings)
10. Netsky – Storm Clouds (Hospital Records)
11. Chase & Status – Hurt You (Ram Records)
12. Fred V – In My Head VIP (Cue Recordings)
13. D.kay & Concept – For Love Nor Money (Brigand Music)
14. Nu:Tone – Set Me Free (Hosptial Records)
15. DC Breaks – Halo (Viper Recordings)
16. Sigma – Something Special ( Life Recordings)
17. Fred V – Catch You (Cue Recordings)
18. Mattix & Futile – Rising Up (Cyntax Error)
19. Brookes Brothers vs Futerbound – Dawn Treader (Breakbeat Kaos)
20. Ekko & Sidetrack – Stay With Me (DUB)
21. Brookes Brothers – F-Zero (Breakbeat Kaos)
22. Danny Byrd & Brookes Brothers – Gold Rush (Hosptal Records)
23. Furlonge – Jenga (Viper Recordings)
24. Deadmau5 – I Remember (J Majik & Wickaman Remix) (Mau5trap Recordings)
25. Netsky – Escape (Hospital Recordings)
26. Furlonge – Task Master (Viper Recordings)
27. Netsky – Eyes Closed (Hospital Records)
28. Metrik – Anthem 09 (Viper VIP)
29. Fred V – Tell Me Tonight (Talkin Beatz)
30. Grafix – Show Me How (Talkin Beatz)
31. Netsky – Smile (Allsorts)
32. Camo & Krooked – Global Warming (Uprising Records)
33. Logistics – Together VIP (Hospital Records)
34. DC Breaks – Flashback (Frequency Records)
35. DJ Fresh – Hypercaine (Breakbeat Kaos)
36. Netsky – Rise & Shine (Hospital)
37. Camo & Krooked – Verve (Audio Porn)
38. Netsky – Iron Heart (Hospital)
39. London Elekricity – Just One Second (Apex Remix) (Hospital Records)
40. DC Breaks – Starstruck (New State Music)
41. Phetsta & Shockone – The Sun (VIP) (Technique Recordings)
42. The Ian Carey Project – Get Shaky (Matrix & Futurebound Remix) (Intrinsic Recordings)
43. Furlonge – Its Cruel (Viper VIP)
44. Mark Wilkinson – Hypnosis (Hosptial Records)
45. Nu:Tone – Balaclava (Hosptial Records)
46. InContext – As The Sun Goes Down (Velcro City Records)
47. Grafix – Nightshift (Pristine Dub)
48. State Of Mind – Sunking (CIA Records)