With two decades to go before it can reprocess spent nuclear fuel, the US will have to bury nearly 70,000 tons of it, a research lab reports. It comes after Congress and the Obama administration defunded a planned nuclear waste repository in 2011.
Possibly Related Links
- Deep geological repository - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The $38 billion nuclear waste fiasco - Darius Dixon - POLITICO.com
- Fukushima shines light on U.S. problem: 63,000 tons of spent fuel - CNN.com
- Ontario Power Generation: Power Generation: Nuclear Waste Management
- Scottish nuclear leak 'will never be completely cleaned up' | Enformable