With two decades to go before it can reprocess spent nuclear fuel, the US will have to bury nearly 70,000 tons of it, a research lab reports. It comes after Congress and the Obama administration defunded a planned nuclear waste repository in 2011.
Possibly Related Links
- Scottish nuclear leak 'will never be completely cleaned up' | Enformable
- YouTube - Video of 'nuclear train' clashes as toxic waste hauled to German dump
- US nuclear leak poses 'no danger to public'
- Smoke Detectors and Americium
- Government's doomed Â£6bn plan to dispose of nuclear waste - Science, News - The Independent