A leaked draft of the UN’s long-term strategy to combat drug abuse shows a number of countries oppose the current prohibitionist model and favor a public health approach to drug use rather than a law enforcement one. The draft is currently being compiled by the UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs and will be released in 2016 as the basis for the international organization’s 10-year plan for reducing narcotic drug abuse.
Possibly Related Links
- FoxNews.com - Substance Abuse Counselor: Los Angeles' Ecstasy Awareness Campaign Off the Mark
- FDA's Commitment to Reducing Prescription Drug Abuse and Misuse | FDA Voice
- Narcotic pain relief drug overdose deaths a national epidemic
- U.S. drug war has met none of its goals - U.S. news - Security - msnbc.com
- Study: Psilocybin, the Drug in 'Magic Mushrooms,' Lifts Mood and Increases Compassion Over the Long Term - - TIME Healthland