For the first time, scientists have found lifeforms where nobody thought it was possible: floating in the troposphere, the slice of the atmosphere approximately four to six miles (eight to 15 kilometers) above Earth's surface. And not just a tiny few, but lot: 20% of every particle in that atmospheric layer are living organisms.
Possibly Related Links
- Cold Plasma Layer Detected High Above Earth | Earth's Atmosphere, Planet Atmosphere, What's In Earth's Atmosphere | Space.com
- Could scientists reverse global warming? The U.N. discusses plans to reflect the sun to cool the earth | Mail Online
- God particle is 'found': Scientists at Cern expected to announce Higgs boson particle has been discovered on Wednesday | Mail Online
- Baffling Magnetic Structures Spotted in Venus' Atmosphere | Space.com
- Scientists Invent Oxygen Particle That If Injected, Allows You To Live Without Breathing | TechWench.com