When mice ate a diet of 25 percent extra sugar – the mouse equivalent of a healthy human diet plus three cans of soda daily – females died at twice the normal rate and males were a quarter less likely to hold territory and reproduce, according to a toxicity test developed at the University of Utah.
Possibly Related Links
- Diet Soda Not So "Diet" After All
- Sugar as harmful as tobacco, alcohol, experts say
- Antibacterial agent Triclosan shown to hinder muscle movement in mice, fish - HealthPop - CBS News
- What happens to your body after you drink a soda every day, for a long time - Healthy Living on Shine
- Harvard scientists reverse the ageing process in mice â€“ now for humans | Science | The Guardian