There are fears because the current generation of satellite navigation technology has never experienced a 'solar max', and changes in the ionosphere could cause problems with GPS and other signals from space.
Possibly Related Links
- Space Today Online - The Satellite Wars - Iraq, Afghanistan and Yugoslavia
- How to Turn the Moon Into a Giant Space Solar Power Hub | Space.com
- Huge Satellite Loses Contact With Earth | Envisat Earth Satellite | Space.com
- Unusual solar flare could disrupt satellites, communication and power on Earth | The Australian
- Declassified US Spy Satellites from Cold War Land in Ohio | American Spy Satellites, Military Space Program | US National Reconnaissance Office Satellites & Hexagon and Gambit Satellites | Space.com