Experiments on fruit flies and honeybees found the protein, royalactin, triggers molecules that are responsible for the increased body size and faster development of queen bees.
Possibly Related Links
- Ten things you can do to help bees | Queen of the Sun
- The mysterious honeybee apocalypse: Up to 12 million bees found dead and dying in Florida and no one knows why | Mail Online
- Honeybees 'entomb' hives to protect against pesticides, say scientists | Environment | guardian.co.uk
- Engineers hope to upload bees' brains into robots | Crave - CNET
- PressTV - UK queen accused of drug trafficking