Sept. 5 - NASA's orbiting Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) has recorded more spectacular activity in the Sun's atmosphere, with a solar flare whipping half a million miles into space, and sending a cloud of electrically charged particles in Earth's direction. Rob Muir reports.
Possibly Related Links
- Sun Erupts with Spectacular Flares
- X1.8 Class Solar Flare Sep 7, 2011 - YouTube
- All Eyes on the Sun: Solar Dynamics Observatory Celebrates First Birthday | Solar Flares, Solar Eruptions & Heliophysics | Space.com
- Unusual solar flare could disrupt satellites, communication and power on Earth | The Australian
- Hyperactive Sun Helping to Clear Out Space Junk