As if out of a Charles Dickens novel, people struggling to pay overdue fines and fees associated with court costs for even the simplest traffic infractions are being thrown in jail across the United States.
Possibly Related Links
- Courts Jail 107 People For Not Paying BBC TV Licence Fines
- Paid via Card, Workers Feel Sting of Fees - NYTimes.com
- Colorado regularly imprisons poor offenders unable to pay fines – ACLU — RT USA
- Breast cancer survivor handcuffed and thrown in jail over a mistaken $280 medical bill as 'debtor's prisons' return to the U.S | Mail Online
- All Those Awful Airline Fees Are Working - Yahoo! News