DUBAI, July 30 (Reuters) - An Iranian court has sentenced four people to death for a billion-dollar bankfraud that tainted the government of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, state media reported on Monday. Iranians, hit by sanctions and soaring inflation, were shocked by the scale of the $2.6 billion bank loan embezzlement that was exposed last year and by allegations it was carried out by people close to the political elite or with their assent.
Possibly Related Links
- Iran president: US hikers to be freed 'in days' - TODAY People - TODAY.com
- Iranian Poet and Activist Hashem Shaabani Executed : Harriet Staff : Harriet the Blog : The Poetry Foundation
- Protesting Inside of the BofA
- Video: Shoe thrown at Iran's Ahmadinejad during visit to Egypt
- Mass walkout at UN as Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad raises 9/11 'mystery' | News.com.au