On January 2, 2013, hundreds of First Nations and non-indigenous people converged on Vancouver's Waterfront Station for the latest Idle No More rally. The beating of drums and singing of traditional songs signaled this crowd's solidarity with the movement that is building across the country and beyond its borders. "This isn't just because we want to go out there and sing songs and protest. This is for our land, this is for our future," young Ben Paul from Tsartlip First Nation on Vancouver Island told the crowd.
Possibly Related Links
- Idle No More prepares for day of action - Canada - CBC News
- Tobold Rollo: Why Idle No More Never Needed Your Sympathy
- Idle No More protests continue across Canada
- Idle land of failed banks to go towards public housing in Venezuela | San Francisco Bay View
- The Canada We Want - Wake Up Canada: Schedule