Is it a crime for someone simply to share a link to stolen information? That seems to be the message conveyed by today's indictment of former Anonymous spokesman Barrett Brown, over a massive hack of the private security firm Stratfor. Brown's in legal trouble for copying and pasting a link from one chat room to another. This is scary to anyone who ever links to anything.
Possibly Related Links
- Jailed Journalist Barrett Brown Faces 105 Years For Reporting on Hacked Private Intelligence Firms | Democracy Now!
- Justice Dept Moves to Drop Charges Against Journalist Barrett Brown That Could Criminalize Linking | Freedom of the Press Foundation
- Barrett Brown: America's Least Likely Political Prisoner | Culture News | Rolling Stone
- Message from Harry Link 9-26-2011 @ D2NWO.com - United Truth Seekers
- Exclusive: FBI Escalates War On Anonymous