A legal challenge filed in a federal court by the Hupacasath First Nation in B.C. is standing in the way of the Canadian government ratifying a controversial investment treaty with China. Members of the B.C. community will rally on Parliament Hill in Ottawa on Sunday to gather support for their legal fight.
Possibly Related Links
- B.C. aboriginals ask China to raise human-rights issues with Harper on PM's visit - The Globe and Mail
- Veterans plan protest on D-Day anniversary - Ottawa - CBC News
- Harper quietly holds face-to-face talks with Chinese propaganda chief - The Globe and Mail
- Ontario court strikes down Canada's pot laws - The Globe and Mail
- UN Arms Trade Treaty: Canada Refuses To Join 90 Nations In Signing