We can hope that radiation exposure and effects are less than feared here but it is a terrible position for the people near Fukushima Dai-Ichi. The government especially has having no credibility, and is doing everything it can to downplay the harm of the nuclear disaster. SHIINA Chieko-san is speaking at San Jose City College in an event supported by a SJCC faculty member and groups in Japan and the U.S. Her main Japanese group is Fukushima Women Against Nuclear Power. This is the English edit with brief samples of Japanese.
Possibly Related Links
- Latest super close-up footage of Fukushima wrecked nuclear reactor
- Japanese Nuclear Plant May Have Been Leaking for Two Years - NYTimes.com
- Fukushima Japan Nuclear update 11/19/11 - YouTube
- Lead-based underwear designed in Japan to help fight Fukushima disaster — RT News
- Fukushima cleanup workers’ radiation feared 20% higher — RT News